Deuke Productions

My photo
I'm a semi-retired Editor. I have been a newspaper and magazine Journalist since 1982. The study of Ancient History is one of my greatest passions, and in my life's experiences I've learned at least one very valuable lesson, about history and myself: One must finally reconcile what is real in the heart and the nonsense that comes out of our mouths, our pens and our keyboards.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The gold of Ophir

Ophir is in India. I make this statement, which is contrary to several scholar's opinions, because there is evidence from sources that indicate strongly, India is the source of much gold being produced and shipped - from ancient times and to this day.
One example comes from the Bible at, I Kings 10:11, as well as other places in the Bible.
Israel's King Solomon received shipments of gold every three years, among other items; such as peacocks, apes, ivory, and algum wood. All of which, are native to India........